Monday, December 1, 1997

Boy to the World

Below is the revised version of the transcript written by かめっ

Chapter 1
Hang all the mistletoe
I'm gonna get to know you better
This Christmas, and as we trim the tree
How much fun it's gonna be ...

Ally: (I love Christmas. All the things that bug me during the year don't bug me at Christmas. People smiling, me smiling ... The star's the best part. Dad said that you reach to put the star onto the tree, you're really reaching for your own star in life. Maybe she won't notice.)
Renee: Eh! It's come to this -- you're humping the tree!
Ally: Damn it! Renee, just help me down! Just help me down.
Renee: Wait, wait.
Ally: Oh ... okay. Oh ...
Renee: He-he-he. You put this tree up too early! It's going to dry out!
Ally: I like to enjoy Christmas for a whole month, Renee. And besides, if you wait too long, you can't get a good tree.
Renee: I'm surprised you even like the holidays. It's the loneliest time of the year.
Ally: I've booked myself solid. Don't worry. I've got Dip-Chin tomorrow night, and ... ugh. I'm already starting to get that ick on him.
Renee: Already?
Ally: Yeah. He's too white-bread. Hey, I got an idea. Come with me.
Renee: On your date?
Ally: I'll rub your feet after.
Renee: You, me and Thousand-Island Face? No thanks.
Ally: Oh come on, Renee. It'll help if I'm getting the ick, and you can help take that pressure off some of the day.
Renee: Bring that little Biscuit along, and I'll go.
Ally: John Cage?
Renee: He's cute.
Ally: You and John Cage!
Renee: Well, you'll never know. A little yuletide catnip might be fun.
Ally: Ugh. Renee, he's a little weird.
Renee: You forget I like weird?
Ally: How, how has it come to this? We're smart women. We're fairly attractive.
Renee: I'm even hot.
Ally: Yes, you're even hot. So, why aren't we with hot men?
Renee: Here they are!

Christmas tears
Will decorate my tree
There'll be no shining tinsel...
Ally: Excuse us for a second. Is this a setup?
Renee: I was about to ask you the same thing.

Icicles
Within my heart will form
'Cause your arms aren't around me
To make my Christmas warm

Renee: Are we in for a whole month of this holiday crap?
    
Chapter 2
Richard: Okay. Last up. Clients' Christmas parties. We've been invited to several. We're going to split them up and I want them all covered. There are clients. We cherish them. It wouldn't be the holidays without getting to share their joy. Above all, be sincere about it. Very last up, my uncle, Kevin Hanson, died yesterday.
Georgia: I'm sorry, Richard.
Richard: No biggie. He'd been ill. It was probably a blessing, bygones. But we're having a little difficulty with the church regarding the memorial service.
Billy: What difficulty?
Richard: Well, he was a bit of eccentric, and his...
John: Er, excuse me. I'd first like to give pause to absorb his passing. May we all take a moment?

Richard: Excellent. Anyway, there is things marked my uncle's life, one being his distaste for short people. The minister is refusing to let that part of him be memorialized. My aunt and I feel it should be included.
Georgia: He didn't like short people?
Richard: At six years old, he was bitten by one. It resonates. What can I say?
John: Errr...
Richard: What?
John: I'm troubled. Just another moment?

Ally: What, what's the matter?
Billy: Richard's uncle died. He didn't like short people. John's troubled.
Richard: Billy, well, can you meet with the minister and just talk to him? I tried, but I ... It would be important to my uncle.
Billy: I'll talk to him, but ----
Richard: Thank you. Adjourned, done, let's go!

Whipper: Oh, Ms. McBeal! Will you step up here, please.
Ally: (Oh, god. Now what have I done?)
Whipper: Sometimes, you can obligate yourself by just being in the room.
Ally: I'm sorry?
Whipper: I'm all out of public defenders, but I've got one last indigent defendant. The Commonwealth thanks you.
Ally: Your Honor, um... I'm afraid of criminals.
Whipper: Yes. Well, suck it up. Stephanie Grant, solicitation. I'm granting personal. Check with probation. We've set up a conference. Next! Thank you.

Court clerk: Case number 52714, Breech vs. Fitz Simmons, child custody modification case.
Counsel: Your Honor, our client moves for a continuance...

Ally: Um... Okay, they're going to take you back to lock up for a minute while I meet with probation, and um... Don't, don't talk to anybody back there, okay?
Stephanie: Okay.
Renee: Daniel Corbett's the DA. It's his third offense. He's going to be asking that he do some time.
Ally: He? He who?
Renee: She's a boy, Ally. Stephanie is Steven.
Ally: Oh.

Chapter 3

Minister: I don't typically edit eulogies. Believe me, I don't. But I can't just let you get up there and unload on small people.
Richard: I won't be unloading.
Minister: Oh, come on, Richard. I knew your uncle.
Billy: Reverend, Mr. Hanson's life was made up of a lot of eccentricities. We should be allowed to talk about that.
Minister: There have to be limits. Now, I won't allow this church to get involved...
Richard: But my uncle helped build half this church!
Minister: Richard, be reasonable. I have a lot of short-statured congregants.
Richard: Mark, remember when my uncle came here?
Minister: Of course, I do.
Richard: Switched from being a Lutheran to a Baptist just to come to this church, did he not?
Minister: Yes.
Richard: And why did he come to you?
Minister: Because he didn't like the minister at the other place.
Richard: What specifically did he object to?
Minister: He was tiny.
Richard: And as a result, as the other minister being tiny, your church has received a lot of money.
Minister: I understand. And, believe me, my board knows the money is at stake. They about ordered me to wear lifts. But I won't allow you to get up there at the podium and talk about your uncle hating little people. It's bigotry.
   
Ally: Okay. We have two different ways to go on this, and they both have negative sides. So, you're going to have to think about it.
Stephanie: Okay.
Ally: Okay. We could plead, and that would be your best chance to reduce sentence. But it still would mean jail time.
Stephanie: Prison?
Ally: Well... I could ask for county, but with your two previous convictions, Stephanie, we're looking at some time.
Stephanie: Well, what's the other way to go?
Ally: Well, um... We could plead not guilty and try to win on the elements. The problem there is that you solicited an undercover cop. With the two priors, I, I really don't think we could win. And if we lost once we were in trial, we'd be looking at more jail time than we would be on a plea.

Renee: Lose the file?
Ally: Oh come on, Renee. I don't ask for that much. Why, why can't you just...
Renee: You want me to steal the file and lose it so that he can...
Ally: If you could have seen his face...
Renee: I've seen his face. He's gorgeous. It's just I'm not going to lose the file.
Ally: Just this once. I'll tell another joke at the bar.
Renee: It won't be as funny as this here.
Ally: Renee?
Renee: Ally?
Ally: Renee?
Renee: Ally?
Ally: This boy needs help. He's... Can you, can you imagine he, he is the most fragile person living in the harshest of worlds. He's, he's obviously not well. He... Uh... Um... Excuse me, I...

Chapter 4

Stephanie: Who is it?
Ally: Stephanie, it's Ally.
Stephanie: Oh. Can you wait one second?
Ally: Sure.
Stephanie: Hey.
Ally: Hey. Hey. Um... Oh... I am sorry to intrude.
Stephanie: Oh. It's okay, it's okay.
Ally: But I have an idea. And I, and I've been doing research for the last hour and... These are beautiful!
Stephanie: Oh. I made them.
Ally: You ... you made this?
Stephanie: Oh yeah. Won't I be a beautiful bride?
Ally: You know, you should do this.
Stephanie: ??? if I could only latch on to a husband.
Ally: Well, if you go to prison, you'll have plenty of time to be a wife. Oh my god. I... No, no. I, I have a way with Freudian slips. I...
Stephanie: So do I. I'm wearing one!
Ally:    Ha ha... Well, I think there might be a way for us to, uh, avoid jail.
Stephanie: How?
Ally: Well, it's a long shot, but I, I think that we can make it out that ... Well, it ... It's going to have to be an insanity defense.
Stephanie: Insanity?
Ally: Yeah, it's ... You have to understand, Stephanie, that this is a legal strategy. I am not here suggesting that you are insane.
Stephanie: Well, what's the insanity?
Ally: Well, there's, uh, um ... a, a fetish. Transvestite fetishism. I, I think that we can categorize it as a mental disorder.
Stephanie: You mean... Like, like I'm sick?
Ally: Yeah.
Stephanie: I don't want to say I'm sick.
Ally: I know. I know, but the judge is going to need something legal or...
Stephanie: Well, the reason I left home is because everybody called me sick. That's why I left Ohio.
Ally: The goal here has to be avoiding jail. Isn't that what you want?
Stephanie: And, and do you think that'll let me go?
Ally: It's a long shot, but there's a chance, yes. Could you at least think it over? That's all we have.
Stephanie: Sure. I'm open-minded.

Chapter 5

Judge: I'm sitting on the bench long enough to appreciate anything original. But this takes it to a next level.
Billy: Kevin Hanson's life was marked by several experiences with short people, people and events who affected not just his life, but influenced who he became.
Judge: A bigot?
Billy: In part, a bigot. Yes. It's who he was.
The church's counsel: That doesn't mean my client has to give him the pulpit to celebrate it.
Billy: Richard Fish has no intention of endorsing his uncles's bigotry. He just wants to get up and offer a perspective as to how this...
Judge: Look. I'm all for free speech. He can say whatever he wants. But why should I force the church to be a forum for it?
Billy: Because this church was his church.
Judge: But we tend towards sticking against bigotry these days. Have you noticed the rash of civil rights laws?
Billy: Civil rights laws identify suspect classes. First it was race. Then came religion. Next it was gender. Now we're up to sexual orientation. But there's no special protection for short people. And even if there was, so what? Kevin Hanson was a good man in some ways, and a not-so-good man in others. Why can't his nephew stand up at his funeral and say that?
The church's counsel: What if he hated blacks?
Billy: What if? This whole political correctness thing is out of control. First, we say you can't act with prejudice. That's fine. And then, we say you can't have prejudices. Now, we're saying you can't even talk about somebody else's prejudices. This isn't civil rights, Your Honor. It's censorship.

Chapter 6
John: Ally?
Ally: Aah!! Is there no respect for privacy in this place?
John: Elaine told me you've been in here for twenty minutes. I suspected it was more about solitude than use of the facility. Is everything okay?
Ally: Well... I don't know. Not to take into your history with call girls, but did you ever defend a sex offender in court?
John: Eh, uh, la la la la la la la... Sometimes, it's best to pretend I've not heard the question.
Ally: My prostitute client, she's really a he. And I've been thinking about raising gender indentity as a form of insanity.
John: His arrests go to sexual conduct, not to wardrobe.
Ally: Yeah. But I found this fetishism thing and part of it is the compulsion to attract men. John, this is a kid who doesn't really know what or who he is. He's alone in a new city, and he's out on the streets at night because it's the only way he knows how to make his rent.
John: Get him to a psychologist. If you walk into court with any diagnosis of mental disfunction at all, eighteen-years-old, you've got a chance.
Ally: Okay.

Billy: A brief?
Richard: Ten pages, black letter...
Billy: I'm not filing a legal brief, Richard. We went to court. I think we've carried this far enough.
Richard: Last time I checked, I was senior partner here. That means you...
Billy: I don't care! I'm not being stupid about it. We made the argument, the judge will rule...
Richard: The judge will rule in our favor, maybe if we support our position...
Billy: What the hell is this about? I thought you loved your uncle.
Richard: What?
Billy: This isn't a tribute, you getting up and saying, "Hey, he hated short people." You think this ??? favorable life? I think, I think you want to trash him...
Richard: Don't tell me what I can or cannot. YOU SHUT UP!!! This is what he wanted, Billy. This is what he wanted. And don't ever accuse him of not wanting it.

Chapter 7
Maybe I should wander in my solitude a little longer
Turn your head now sailor, well I used to be so much stronger
How in the hell did I get here, in this city so alone?
Oh, sometimes life seems so long

Ally: You'll die this way.
Stephanie: So, how did you know I'd be here?
Ally: You weren't at your apartment, and the combat zone isn't so big.
Stephanie: I still need to eat.
Ally: We need to go see a psychologist tonight. We have to get a medical opinion before we go to court. Come on! I've got a doctor coming to the house.
Stephanie: Why are you doing this? The last two lawyers spent ten minutes combined on me.
Ally: Honest?
Stephanie: Yeah.
Ally: I want that wedding dress.

Maybe I should wander through these streets a little longer
Find my ruthless angel that will carry me home
'Cause we all wanna go home, and we search for love our whole lives
Found a man who only wants to be alone

Chapter 8

Renee: What about you and the doughboy?
Ally: Me and John Cage?
Renee: Mm-hmm. When you think about it, Ally, you both kind of circle the earth in similar orbits.
Ally: Oh hey, Steph. Are you done?
Stephanie: I guess.
Psychologist: Yeah. Um, Ally, you want to talk for a second?
Ally: Sure. I'll be right back.

Psychologist: Well, the good news is you get something to take into court. The bad news is that he's a pretty messed-up kid.
Ally: Tell me.
Psychologist: I can support the fetishism. I think he may also suffer from gender dysphoria, although I'd need to spend a lot more time with him before I could state anything conclusive.
Ally: What's gender dysphoria?
Psychologist: Simplest terms, psychologically and emotionally, he's more like a woman or he thinks he is, although he doesn't say that. The one short diagnosis I can give you is that he's hugely confused.
Ally: Will you go into court with me?
Psychologist: Of course, although the one thing I can't say is that there's any legal insanity. He knows what he was doing out there on the streets.

Stephanie: With you, it's cheeks and eyes. Everything you do should be bring out those eyes, girl. And your lips, you don't have to touch them. Look at these bones.
Ally: How did you learn so much about this stuff?
Stephanie: Oh please. You know how most people wear clean underwear, in case they get run over by a car? They don't want people think they're dirty. With me, all I cared about was my face. I used to pray, "Lord, if I get hit by a bus, please don't let it be without makeup." I got to go to my grave pretty. Let me see your teeth. Hmm, coffee drinker. I can bleach them.

Chapter 9

Elaine: Too much green.
Georgia: Christmas is green, Elaine. I think it would be your favorite color, anyway.
Elaine: Meaning what? As in envy? Our office is dominated by blue, and blue coordinates poorly with green. Good morning, Billy. I love your tie.

Richard: Well, how would you rule as a judge?
Whipper: Well, it's a fuzzy line. But you say that acknowledging a prejudice isn't the same as endorsing it. I'm not so sure. You would be acknowledging it in a forum that comes to celebrate his life. Well, that rings of endorsement.
Richard: He was known to eat on occasion a caterpillar. He, he dyed the hair inside his ears. He didn't like short people. He was a kook. It should be said. He wanted it said.
Whipper: Why are you obsessing on this funeral thing, Richard? Is it easier to do that than grieve for him?
Richard: I beg your pardon?
Whipper: I know your were closer to him than your own father.
Richard: What's the point?
Whipper: The point? I guess there is none.
Richard: No, he was ill for a long time, Whip. It's a blessing that he finally died.
Whipper: Yeah.

Stephanie: I've changed my mind.
Ally: You're not changing your mind.
Stephanie: You can't tell me what to do.
Ally: As your lawyer, I can tell you...
Stephanie: I'm not going to walk in there saying I am a freak!
Ally: The objective here is for you to walk out.
Stephanie: I'm not sick. This doesn't make me sick! This doesn't make me a freak!
Ally: You asked me last night why I was doing this. I'm doing this because, when I look at you, I see a great kid. But I see a kid who needs help. Look at me. Look at me. You need to let people help you. Start with me. Trust me, Stephanie, and I'll keep you out of jail. But you have to trust me.

Ally: Transvestite fetishism, he has all the symptoms: intense sexual urges involving cross-dressing. It started early in childhood. You can, you can read Dr. Harper's report.
Prosecutor: That doesn't make legal insanity.
Ally: Maybe not. But I think we can mitigate the intent. And I don't think any of us want a trial.
Whipper: What are you looking for?
Ally: Time suspended. We're willing to plead so long as he doesn't go to jail.
Whipper: Miss Grant, will you excuse us for a second please? Do you think this is really in his best interests, Ally? If he walks, he goes back to the streets. Jail may be safer.
Ally: We all know what happens to kids like this in jail.
Whipper: And we all know what happens if he gets free. He just goes back to what he's been doing. This is his third time.
Ally: Your Honor, this kid doesn't want to turn tricks. He needs a job, he needs a fresh start. And, and maybe...
Whipper: Who's gonna hire him?
Ally: Well... Me.
Whipper: You?
Ally: Yeah. Me. My firm.
Whipper: Ally, Ally!
Ally: I know, I know, but this kid needs a break!
Dr Harper: One of my fears, um... This is not somebody who's joined another world, Your Honor. Nobody's welcomed him in. Right now, I, I think he's just looking to survive. He's not really part of any society at the moment. He needs counseling, and, and we...
Ally: Well, let's just give him a chance and see. I just... Jail cannot be the answer.
Whipper: I'll continue this for a year. No finding, conditioned on him being employed, starting today.
Ally: Thank you. Thank you. Thank you, thank you, thank you... Thank you!
     
Chapter 10
Judge: I've thought about this a long, long time. As a person who was never offered a basketball scholarship, I'm a little salty about assisting anybody who wants to take a smack at the vertically challenged. That's what we call short people some time. Vertically challenged. That's politically correct, isn't it? Part of living in a free country -- people should be free. And though laws should exist to prevent discrimination, and though they should exist to prevent people from acting on prejudice, nevertheless, people are entitled to their bigotries. And somebody is stupid or believes stupid things. It has to be permissible at that person's funeral for somebody to get up and say, "Hey, he believed these stupid things." This totem pole, political correctness thing, that's stupid. And at my funeral, you can say that I said that. Go ahead, Mr. Fish. Get up at that podium and take your uncle's shot. I won't shrink from it. Adjourned.
   
Oh yeah!
Jingle bell, jingle bell, jingle bell rock
Jingle bell chime in jingle bell time
Dancing and prancing in Jingle Bell Square
In the frosty air, hey!
What a bright time, it's the right time
To rock the night away

Georgia: It must be thrilling to win a case where the issue was so far-reaching.
Billy: Goose bumps. How are you doing?
Richard: Fine. But who's the guy?
Billy: What guy?
Richard: With Ally. Who is he?
Billy: That's her client. You think she is a guy?
Georgia: With those legs?
Richard: Guy.
Georgia: How, how can you ...?
Richard: I know every neck in the room at a glance.
Georgia: You think that beautiful girl...
Billy: Shh! She's coming.

Ally: Hey guys! This is Stephanie Grant. This is Georgia, Richard and Billy.
Stephanie: Hi.
Billy: Have a seat.
Georgia: Hi. Please sit.
Ally: Richard, I need you on the dance floor, please.
Richard: Ooh. Ha ha.
Ally: No alcohol. She's underage.
Richard: She's no she, either.

Ally: Richard?
Richard: Hmm?
Ally: I hired him.
Richard: Excuse me?
Ally: I, I know I had no right, but, but employment saved him from jail, and, and ... he's a great kid, and I thought word-processing could do some help.
Richard: Ally, we're not exactly hiring on this time. Defending ourselves, it's been a lousy fourth quarter.
Ally: You can deduct his wages from my salary.
Richard: Uh, I won't do that.
Ally: But he can still work for us?
Richard: Yeah.
Ally: Oh, yes! Oh, and, um... He wants to be she as far as the rest of the personnel goes.
Richard: Fine.

Want a plane that loops the loop
I still want a Hula-Hoop
We can hardly stand the wait
Please, Christmas, don't be late

Chapter 11
Ally: John? John? How long have you been standing there?
John: I'm, I'm almost done. Just gathering some thoughts.
Ally: Okay.
John: Umm... Do you, uh, find me short?
Ally: What? Um... No.
John: As I am troubled by Richard's motion.
Ally: Oh. Oh well, well, that went to people who are, like 5'2" or 5'3". I mean, you're... You're not tall. But I wouldn't consider you short.
John: Mm-hmm. Umm... 'Cause there is an unconscious discrimination, you know, against, uh, smaller people. Uh, many women... Uh, most women wouldn't consider dating a man, you know, who isn't taller than...
Ally: But a lot of women would.
John: Would you, I mean, consider me?
Ally: Well, I probably wouldn't consider dating you because you're my boss, and we work together. But otherwise, yeah, I would consider it. I'm sure I would, otherwise.
John: "Would" is a subjunctive word, contrary to fact.
Ally: Sorry?
John: Nothing. Well, I'm almost done here. Just... Would you... If you could excuse me?
Ally: Of course.

Chapter 12
Elaine: If there's anything you need, though, of course, you already have what most women want.
Stephanie: I beg your pardon?
Elaine: That was a pun. I, I'm sort of a wordsmith-slash-office administrator. Anyway, all of your office needs, I'll take care of them. Well, for insurance purposes, I had to list you as male. It's not a slight. I just don't want them denying coverage. Well, you officially start tomorrow!
Stephanie: Thank you.
Elaine: Oh! How much do you want for it?
Stephanie: Oh, it's a gift for somebody.
Elaine: Oh.

Richard: First off, I'd just like to thank you all for coming. My uncle always said he knew his memorial service would be filled, if, for no other reason, people would want to make sure he was really dead. In addition to being like a father figure to me, he was a very special man. Impulsive. Hated diplomacy. And for his funeral, it was important to him that people just tip their hat and remember him, remember how he was. He didn't want tears. Well, two days before his death, he squeezed my hand and said, "Don't let them cry. Don't paint me a saint, and don't let them cry." So, I won't. He was good, bad, caring, insensitive. He was loud, charitable, liked some people for silly reasons, disliked others for sillier reasons. He said, "Life is just a stupid game. It doen't matter what you do or what you have. If you're loved in the end, then you win." He wins.

Chapter 13

Short people got no reason
Short people got no reason
Short people got no reason to live
They got little hands and little eyes
They walk around telling great big lies
They got little noses and tiny little teeth
They wear platform shoes on their nasty little feet
Well, I don't want no short people
I don't want no short people
I don't want no short people around here

Elaine: The only thing you really need to know is that the men here will stare at you. We had some sexual harassment problems. Pretty girls are targets.
Stephanie: I see.
Elaine: They mentally undress us constantly. But you should be safe since ??? even their imaginations will wanna stay clear of. But you should know this place is pretty pig-infested. But otherwise it's a great place to work. You'll love it.

They got little baby legs
And they stay so low
You gotta pick them up
Just to say hello
They got little cars
They go peep, peep, peep
They got little voices
They go peep, peep, peep
They got grubby little fingers
And dirty little minds
Well, they're gonna get you every time
Well, I don't want no short people
I don't want no short people
I don't want no short people
Around here

Well, I don't want no short people
I don't want no short people
I don't want no short people
I don't want no short people

I don't want no short people
I don't want no short people
I don't want no short people
No, no, no, no

Chapter 14

Georgia: I must say that was certainly original.
Ally: Yes, it was.
Richard: Thanks again for coming.

Ally: Hi, Steph.
Stephanie: Hi. I made this last night!
Ally: For me?
Stephanie: Very simple, very clean. You can wear it with a jacket or without.
Ally: Oh my god. Oh, my god! I love it! I love it. I'm going to try it on right now!
Stephanie: I think I got the measurements right.

Georgia: Where did he get those legs?
Richard: You gotta admit it only gets more interesting around here, doesn't it?
Billy: Yeah. Richard, "Don't let them cry"? Don't let yourself cry. That's what it's about, isn't it?
Richard: I'm not sure if I follow.
Billy: I'm sorry for your loss.

Ally: It's so beautiful, and it even fits!
Stephanie: You might want to take it in at the waist just a little.
Ally: No. I can eat a doughnut, and it'll be perfect. Stephanie, how can I ever thank you?
Stephanie: How can you thank, how can you thank me? Ally, you saved my life.
John: Ladies.
Ally: John. Stephanie made this dress for me.
John: Oh, that's quite fetching. Well, have a good afternoon. And welcome, Stephanie.
Stephanie: Thank you.
Ally: Well, well, if you excuse me for a minute?
Stephanie: Sure.

Ally: Uh, John? Uh... I, I was thinking last night, and... And, and I'm still not sure about the work thing, but, um... I really would enjoy going out to dinner with you.
John: Oh. Umm...
Ally: Well, I, I know, I know you're not predisposed to evening outings, but... But no, I think that when our orbits cross, I... I think we have a lot in common.
John: I...
Ally: No, no. Shall we think about it?
John: We shall.
Ally: Mistletoe. Well...
John: Yes, indeed.

Renee: What? You kissed it?
Ally: It was a little peck on the cheek. There was mistletoe. It was legitimate.
Renee: Can I ask you something?
Ally: Hmm.
Renee: Have you kissed the rabbi?
Ally: Why?
Renee: Why? 'Cause I'm the hot one here, and it's your lips getting all the Chap Stick!
Ally: That's because demure is in, Renee. And you scare men.
Renee: Scare men? Yeah. I scare them stiff. That's what I do. Hello? Excuse me? Okay.

Chapter 15

Suspect: Take it easy! Take it easy! Watch your head.
Renee: District attorney.
Police: Okay.
Detective: I didn't know who else to call for an ID. We've got the suspect in custody.
Renee: What happened?
Detective: The best we can tell, the john went crazy when he found out the jane was a guy. It looks like the cause of death is the trauma to the head. We called the parents who live in Ohio. They say they won't even come to make an ID. That's why I thought you...
Renee: Take him to the morgue. We'll ID him in there. Ally...
Detective: Uh, I'm sorry. She can't be touching the scene.
Renee: They look done.
Detective: But maybe ???.
Renee: Leave her be!
Detective: She can't contaminate the scene!
Renee: I'm the DA, pulling rank. Leave her alone!

Ally: Why did... Why did he have to go back out there? I mean, he had a job and... Why?
Renee: We can't answer that.
Ally: His parents didn't even come.
Renee: Well, he wasn't alone at the end. Ally, he had you. He didn't die alone.
Ally: Is it poss... Is it possible to love somebody only two days?
Renee: Yeah... Oh yeah.

Oh, the weather outside is frightful, but the fire is so delightful
And since we've no place to go, let it snow, let it snow, let it snow, yeah

It doesn't show signs of stopping, and I've brought some corn for popping
Oh, the lights are turned way down low, let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

When we finally kiss good-night, how I'll hate to go out in the storm
But if you really hold me tight, all the way home I'll be warm

The fire is slowly dying, and, my dear, we're still good-bye-ing
But as long as you love me so, let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

No comments:

Post a Comment